Dirty pool

Hootayah
Hootayah
07/07/2004 8:15 pm
Anybody else have a pool? Mine's turned cloudy green and no matter what I do I can't get it clean.
I know this is kinda off topic but hey, I can't play guitar cause I'm spending every damn day cleaning the friggin pool.
Hey you kids! Get outta that Jello tree!! :mad:
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
07/07/2004 8:25 pm
Do you have enough chlorine in it?

Put some red food colouring in there. And a Mars bar while you're at it.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/07/2004 8:51 pm
Can you get a big pump / filter doohick ?

Green gunge sounds like algae (which are quite big) so, rather than poison everything you could just scoop em out using a filter. The reason I say this is that tipping chlorine, EDTA or azide or cyanide or something will risk poisoning the rest of your garden (remember there is a difference in the concentration required to stop things goring (a biostatic) and that required to kill stuff that is already growing !).

Equivalently you could tip in a gallon of industrial herbicide and be very careful not to spill any during the subsequent 3 water changes needed to get rid of it !!

I'd go for the filter !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
drivingburnt
drivingburnt
07/07/2004 10:17 pm
Get yourself some shock treatment and use it for a couple of days. You should see some improvement pretty quick. Might even free up some guitar time. :)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Got To Love Those Shredding Grannies[/FONT]
# 4
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
07/07/2004 10:32 pm
Hmmm... I guess maybe I was a little confused, maybe? Is this a decorative pond or a swimming pool? 'Cause it shouldn't be too bad to put some chlorine in a swimming pool, whereas chlorinating a decorative pond is kinda dumb, I guess.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/09/2004 1:41 pm
My friend has on of these. No chlorine or anything, and it stay's super clean
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/09/2004 2:15 pm
Now thats what Im talking about !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 7
Hootayah
Hootayah
07/09/2004 8:41 pm
Looks like some kinda high tech breast pump.

Well... 3 days and $75 in chemicals later and it's still green.
This sucks.
Hey you kids! Get outta that Jello tree!! :mad:
# 8
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/07/2006 5:31 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaMy friend has on of these. No chlorine or anything, and it stay's super clean

That thing....is friggin awsome.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 9
mdaddict
mdaddict
07/07/2006 5:46 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaMy friend has on of these. No chlorine or anything, and it stay's super clean

yeah we have one of those and we named it sebastian they work really good but have shocked your pool and or like scrubbed idk? :confused: hmm yeah maybe its your chlorine we use a ton and ours stays really clean
No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
# 10
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/09/2006 2:39 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneYou know, between this and Schmange's post, I think that we can add a new villain to the list of enemies of guitar playing: Pools.

Pools and guitars go together like Ninjas and Pirates, like GG Allin and Utah, like Mongeese and Cobras.

Lmao, Mongeese??? That made my day, I hope I can rep you.

Speaking of which, my brother wants to get a tatoo of a snake and a mongoose fighting. The snake will be wrapped around the mongoose like boa style and the mongoose will be biting the snake behind the head.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 11
earthman buck
earthman buck
07/09/2006 10:31 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneThat's pretty cool... definitely a forboding thing to wear on ones body :)

I love some of the plural forms of animal names. My favorite are Octopi and Platypi.

I've decided that since the plural of 'goose' is 'geese,' the plural of 'moose' should be 'meese' and the singular of 'sheep' should be 'shoop.' It's just easier that way.
# 12
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
07/09/2006 10:44 pm
you need to get out of the pool when you pee................
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 13
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/10/2006 1:19 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneThat's pretty cool... definitely a forboding thing to wear on ones body :)

I love some of the plural forms of animal names. My favorite are Octopi and Platypi.

Fishes is also a correct term when used to refer to a bunch of fish that are different species.

But the correct plural to mongoose is mongooses, I had to double check dictionary.com to make sure myself.

Myspace
# 14
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/10/2006 2:24 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneYeah... this is why it is that English is so confusing :)

I was actually quite surprised when I started learning Japanese; it's not phonetic at all, in fact it's actually somewhat monotonous (as I am, often; I'm sure magicninja can attest to this) and everything is broken down into syllables, which is why it is that people from Japan are well-known for adding "u" or "a" to the end of words in English.

My name, for instance, is one of the worst to translate into Nihongo. "Tristan" is structurally near impossible in Japanese; there's no "tr," no "is," however there is a "tan." So the most direct translation that people in Japan would be able to use with ease is "ta ri su tan." So "Tarisutan." Some of the other transliterations of common western names are interesting... "Robert" is "Robaato," and it's kind of interesting when you think of the Styx song "Mr. Roboto" knowing this... also, Mary would be "Mearii" and the surname "Jones" would be "Jonesu," but pronounced "jo nay soo."

Anyway...

Platypi.

Platypi......*giggle*

So what would Chris be in Japanese?

They say English is the hardest second language to learn because of all the rules and exceptions as well as slang changing weekly.

Myspace
# 15
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
07/10/2006 12:22 pm
Your in luck I work in a water lab, First adjust the PH to 7.2 Then add about a pound of stablizer this will cause the water to hold the hypoclorite longer if you already put in algacide & clairifer thats ok once the PH is 7.2 and Stablizer has been in for about 3 to 4 hours Shock again and it will take about 2 or 3 days to clear up Good luck. YOU MUST AT ALL TIMES KEEP THE WATER BALANCED.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 16
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
07/10/2006 2:05 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraPaul Gilbert's guide to Japanese is the best, undoubtedly.

Click me.
hahahaha LMAO :p
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 17
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/10/2006 3:13 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneKa-ri-su. "Karisu." Quite often, especially with younger people, you could omit the "u" at the end, because while there's no "-s" in Japanese, they're taught English from a very early age now, and though most of Japan is still pretty dismal when it comes to actually speaking it, you could probably get away with "Karis," (pronounced "ka-rees") in most major urban areas. Some people would be able to understand it as "K'rees" in terms of pronounciation, but... yes. There's no hard "ch" like you'd find in "chris," how ever there are some "ch" sounds in Japanese, like "chuugoku" which is Japanese for "Chinese."

Japanese is based around the syllables A, I, U, E, O; pronounced respectively "ah," (as in "awesome) "ee" (as in "eek"), oo (as in "uber"), "eh" (as in "egg") and "oh" (as in "over"). From there, you have a total of 47 syllables that form the entire language: ka, ki, ku, ke, ko; sa, shi, su, se, so; ta, shi, tsu, te, to; na, ni, nu, ne, no; ha, hi, fu, he, ho; ma, mi, mu, me, mo; ya, yu, yo; ra, ri, ru, re, ro; wa, wi, we, wo; -n. Note that "wi" and "we" have fallen out of use in popular Japanese, and tend to be used more in the countryside and in formal occasions.

There are also some newer syllables that have come into use, primarily because of Westernization and also due to Chinese and Korean cultural acceptance and integration: ye; va, vi, vu, ve, vo; she; je; che; ti, tu; di, du; fa, fi, fe, and a few others. Note, however, that it's kind of a crapshoot as to how well people will recognize or understand these syllables.

There are three alphabets in Japanese; Katakana and Hiragana, which each have 47 characters (katakana being simpler and finding more use in modern writing, hiragana being more artistic and found more in traditional writing), and then Kanji, which is based on traditional Chinese, and has over a thousand characters. Needless to say, Kanji is one of the biggest hurdles to getting along in Japan... it sure will be for me :( Good thing I'm a very visual person.

Some interesting reading, thanks for the info.

Myspace
# 18
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/10/2006 4:13 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraPaul Gilbert's guide to Japanese is the best, undoubtedly.

Click me.

I should have known better then to try to go to this link at work. Damned websense... and corporations. I'll waste my time however I please on my lunch break. hmph

# 19
ren
ren
07/10/2006 4:16 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyI should have known better then to try to go to this link at work. Damned websense... and corporations. I'll waste my time however I please on my lunch break. hmph

hmmm.... I'm in that trade. go to www.babelfish.altavista.com, put the URL you want to view in the 'translate a webpage' box, and then drop the to and from languages to 'French to English'. You'll get the whole site unchanged as it's already in English.

If the dudes that run your systems are as inept as those I travel around to dig out of the crap, that'll work fine. Same for anything else....

Just don't come cryin to me if you get sacked... :cool:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.